- A. Eligibility
- Bangladeshi students: To take part in admission test the candidate must have Physics Chemistry and Biology in HSC course. Eligibility for admission will be determined as per rules laid by Ministry of health & family welfare.
- Foreign students: They will be selected on viva-voce examination on fulfillment of prerequisite, i.e. qualification equivalent to SSC & HSC and equivalence in conformity with the rules of Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh.
- B. Admission procedure: (for Foreign students)
- Candidates for admission are selected through admission test conducted by Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS) Bangladesh.
- Notice for admission of students into first year class is advertised in the daily newspapers and web site.
- Selection is made on the basis of merit score/position of admission test which conducted by DGHS.
- C. Admission procedure: (for Bangladeshi students)
A student who desires to get admission in City Medical College, Dhaka Bangladesh following documents will be needed:
- A person who has passed the secondary school certificate examination before the year 2014 will not be eligible and who has passed the higher secondary certificate examination (A level ± I. Sc.) in the year 2016 and 2017 will be eligible for admission in the 1st year MBBS course for the session 2017-2018.
- As per instruction of our government, the foreign students who desires admission in medical & dental colleges in Bangladesh are required to submit photocopy of SSC & HSC/equivalent certificates and mark sheets duly attested by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of their own country to the Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh through the High Commission/Embassy of their own country at Dhaka for onward submission to DGHS mentioning the name of the college where the student wishes to get admission. The High Commission/Embassy will submit these certificates and mark sheets to the directorate general of health services (DGHS), Mohakhali, Dhaka, Bangladesh for determination of equivalence with that of the local students. Selection will be confirmed after receiving equivalence certificate from Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Mohakali, Dhaka, Bangladesh
After qualifying in the written examination the students shall have to appear before a Medical Board for medical examination. The candidates shall be considered selected for admission into City Medical College only if found medically fit by the Medical Board.